Flow meters are essential instruments used in many industries to measure the flow of liquids and gases. Low-flow flow meters, as the name suggests, are specifically designed to measure low flow rates accurately. In this article, we will discuss the features, benefits and applications of low-flow flow meters.
What are Low-Flow Flow Meters?
Low-flow flow meters are devices that accurately measure the quantity of fluid or gas moving through a system at low flow rates. They are ideal for measuring precise flow rate measurements required in medical equipment, laboratory instruments, chemical processing, and other industrial applications where accuracy is crucial.
Low-flow flow meters use different technologies to measure the flow rate of liquids or gases. Some common types include variable area flow meters, thermal mass flow meters, and ultrasonic flow meters. Each type has its own set of advantages and limitations.
For example, Variable area flow meters work based on the principle of the variation of the flow area. As the fluid flows through a conical tube, the pressure differential causes the float to move upward or downward. The position of the float is an indication of the rate of flow. Thermal mass flow meters rely on the thermal properties of fluids and gases. Ultrasonic flow meters use sound waves to determine the velocity and volume of the liquid or gas.
Benefits of Using Low-Flow Flow Meters
There are several benefits of using low-flow flow meters in applications that require precision measurement, some of which include:
- Accuracy –Low-flow flow meters provide high accuracy level measurements, with some models providing up to +/-0.5% of reading.
- Repeatability – With the ability to maintain consistent readings over time, low-flow meters offer high repeatability making them ideal for testing and calibration requirements.
- Versatility – Low-flow flow meters come in a range of sizes and configurations that can be used in different applications for both fluid and gas flow measurements.
- Easy Installation – Low-flow flow meters are easy to install, often requiring minimal system modifications.
- Cost-effective – Low-flow flow meters are affordable instruments that offer high performance at a low cost of ownership.
Applications of Low-Flow Flow Meters
Low-flow flow meters have several applications across various industries. Some of the most common applications include:
- Medical Equipment – In medical equipment, such as oxygen concentrators, low-flow flow meters provide accurate monitoring of the oxygen flow rate required by the patient.
- Laboratory Instruments – In laboratory settings, low-flow flow meters are essential for precise measurement of liquid and gas flow rates in a variety of analytical testing instruments.
- Chemical Processing – Low-flow flow meters are used in chemical processing to measure the flow of chemicals and other fluids in small quantities precisely.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing – Low-flow flow meters are involved in the production processes of making drugs or medicines from raw materials.
Here are the best 6 low-flow flow meters:
1, Microfluidic Flow Meter
The LC-M series micro flow meter is a type of positive displacement flow meter capable of measuring ultra-minimal liquid flows as low as 0.5 ml/min, yet maintaining high accuracy of 0.5%F. It is a kind of micro PD flow meter for precise flow measurement of mini or low flow liquid, including water, diesel, fuel, lubricant, petrol, oil, chemical, sealant, toluene, glue, detergent, grease, electrolyte, ethylene, additive, syrup, acrylic composite, etc. Fluids low-flow rate measurement is widely used in hydraulic systems, lubricating industries, and painting industries.
2, Micro-Flowrate Thermal Mass Flow Meter
Micro-flowrate Thermal Gas Mass Flow Meter SRK-M was developed based on thermal dispersion, and it uses a constant differential temperature method to measure gas flow. Among its advantages are its small size, ease of installation, high reliability and accuracy, among others.
3, Micro low flow Coriolis flow meter
Using Micro Coriolis flow meters, you can accurately measure the flow rate of low flow fluids in small lines. The micro flow rate can be as low as 0.40 kg/hr, based on the Coriolis force principle. Mini mass flow meters can be used for tough applications or custody transfers. Coriolis flow meters with stable functions and high quality are supplied by Silver Automation Instruments from China manufacturers at a low cost.
4, Low Flow Liquid Turbine Flow meter
It uses the turbine flow meter principle to measure liquid flow rate at low flow rates with the SLW-Micro Series Low flow liquid flow meter. It is highly accurate even at high temperatures and high pressures. Despite continuous running, the electronic pulse generator of the mini-flowmeter maintains a high degree of accuracy and repeatability of 1% and 0.25 under continuous operating. The mini-flowmeter is widely used for measuring, regulating and dispensing liquids.
An accurate and repeatable low flow turbine flowmeter has good accuracy and is a type of velocity flowmeter. Its simple construction makes it ideal for measuring clean liquids without corrosion. It detects liquid flow as low as 10ml/min with the low flow turbine flow meter.
5, Low flow magnetic flow meter
There are various sizes of mag flow sensors we can provide, such as 1/8″,1/4″,3/8″,1/2″,3/4″. Micro flow magnetic flow meters are widely used in chemical and fertilizer injection industries.
6, Low flow rotameter
There are multiple applications for metal tube variable area flowmeters; they can be used to detect liquids, gases and even vapors. Metal tube variable area flowmeters are one of the oldest flow measurement technologies; they are used to measure liquid, gas and even vapor flows.